Year of establishment: 1993
Youth Council for Development Alternatives (YCDA) is a Non Governmental Organisation – NGO established in the 1993 and then was registered under Societies Registration Act and Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) in 1993 and 1997 respectively. Since the inception organization devotes its time, skill, knowledge and commitment towards development of oppressed masses in the society with a group of experienced and trained social workers. The Head Office of the organization is situated at Baunsuni village of Boudh district and regional and state office respectively at Bolangir and Bhubaneswar.
The major thrust of the organization is to implement various demonstration projects for its target group in the area for bring change in the situation and initiate actions to replicate the best practices in other areas. We work in collaboration with Government, various statutory bodies and INGOs in reaching to the desired result.
YCDA manage with a General Council .The general council meets in its scheduled norm & transact various businesses as per the mandate in the constitution. YCDA is governed by the set of Policies i.e. HR policy, Child protection policy, Financial Policy & Gender Policy developed in participatory manner & review periodically.
Sustainable improvement in the socio-economic status and self-reliance of disadvantaged community
To enable children and Young People of marginalized communities in Orissa for a sustainable future with improved socio-economic and family situation through a joint action with their communities and service providers
- To enable children to have access to quality primary education including life skills and livelihood skills
- To empower children to feel safe and protected from discrimination, maltreatment, neglect and any forms of abuse
- To strengthen families that will enable children and young people to grow in a safe, secure and economically stable community.
Following strategies are adopted generally in all projects in the organization to achieve the results
Work with target groups like children, adolescents and individual Households in the community for ensuring direct services as required.
Strengthen community basedgroups
Strengthen capacity of various groups/committees like,children club, Adolescent groups, Self Help Groups (SHGs), Village Child Protection Committee (VCPCs) etc. with an objective to develop their capacity and claim making power.
Lobby and policy influencing
Initiate action with other like-mindedorganisations and peoples group to translate policies into action, lobby for poor people’s policy and influence good governance practices in implementation.
- Societies Registration Act. 1860, Regd. No. PBN–1525/90 of 93–94 Dt.31stDecember 1993.
- Foreign Contribution Regulation Act – 1976, Regd.No.105010025, Dt. 19th June 1997.
- Income Tax Act. 1961 (12 A), Regd.No. 29 / 97 – 98 Dt. 9th February 1998.
- Income Tax Act. 1962 (80G), Regd. No. ITO (Tech.)/80G-147/09-10/2010-11 Dt.1st June 2010
- Permanent Account Number (PAN): AAATY0312P
- NITI Aayog ID: OR/2009/0009668